Class D License is the first license a contractor with no prior experience should apply for.
The primary significance of a Class D license is that those contractors who wish to work with PWD but do not have much experience can apply for a Class D license and work on small government projects.
Work Limits & Eligibility Criteria: Class D PWD Licence does not have any work experience criteria. The project limit of a Class D license is up to Rs 15 Lakhs.
Documents Required for “D Class” Contractor License
- GST Number: Keep in mind that you have to apply for a GST number with the name of your firm/company.
- PAN Number: You should apply for a PAN number with the name of your company/firm.
- Address Proof: For address proof, you can use an Electricity bill, Water tax bill, and in some cases, some states also accept the rent agreement.
- Non-Judicial Affidavit: A Non-Judicial Affidavit is required to prove the employment of technical staff working under you.
- Bank Solvency Certificate or Haisiyat Pramaan Patra:
(a) For Bank Solvency Certificate: The bank’s solvency certificate is a financial document. It is used to check the financial soundness of the person.
(b) Haisiyat Pramaan Patra: Haisiyat pramaan patra is a legal document which is issued by the state government’s revenue department. Haisiyat pramaan patra is used to verify information about an individual’s properties and other assets.
- Experience Certificate, aka Work Knowledge Certificate: An experience certificate is usually required in the registration process of upper classes of contractors, but in some states, an experience certificate is needed even in Class D contractor registration.
You can obtain this certificate by contacting any senior contractor and asking them to give a written recommendation for you and your work.
Another thing here is that this certificate is not required if you’ve done BTEC or any other civil engineering diploma.
- Current Account Details: You have to submit the current account details. One important thing here is that you must show pictures of the office premises while applying for a current account for your firm or company.
Make sure that the office premise has a signboard outside the premise. The sign board should include your firm’s name with the GST number.
If you cannot show these details on your sign board, your application can get canceled.
- Character Certificate: You are required to submit a “Character certificate. If you’ve Btec or any other civil engineering diploma, you can get this character certificate from your college.
If not, you can apply and obtain this certificate from your “state’s e-district portal” or apply it offline at your nearest Jan Seva Kendra.
Documents Required for Character Certificate:
Registered Mobile Number
Voter ID, Driver’s License, Pan Card
Email ID (Optional)
Bank Pass Book
- Last 3 years Income Tax Return plus 2 Passport size pictures
- A security fees of Rs 50,000 is required. (This keeps changing from state to states)
Speical Note: Always keep in mind that these documents change from state to state. Every state has its own rules and regulations. Always cross-check with your state PWD department before applying
How to Apply for D Class Contractor License
There are two ways in which you can apply for any PWD Licence
- Online Mode: You can apply for a PWD contractor license by registering yourself at the official web portal of the PWD department of your state. After registering, you’ll be able to apply for the license under the “contractor registration” tab. Make sure that you have scanned copies of all the required documents.
- Offline Mode: You can apply for the license offline by reaching out to the head PWD office of your state. Look out for specially appointed clerks to help contractors register for a permit in the office.
Learn more about Class D Licence with this video:
Related Articles you might like
- CPWD Contractor Registration | Types of CPWD Licenses
- PWD Online Apply | E-PORTALS LINKS (STATE-WISE)
- Types of Electrical License & its Eligibility Criteria
People also search for: d class contractor registration, d class contractor licence, d class contractor limit, contractor licence, d class contractor card, pwd d class licence, pwd contractor class limit, d class contractor licence, d class contractor registration form, d license, contractor licence apply online, eligibility for contractor license