Monday to Friday: 7AM - 7PM
Weekend: 10AM - 5PM
Licenses Issued by CPWD
Tendering Limit (In Cr)
Class I (Super)
650 Cr and above
Class I (AAA)
Class I (AA)
Class I (A)
Required Work Experience for Building & Roads Category
Financial Soundness for Building & Roads Category
Tendering Limit (In Cr)
Work Experience for Horticulture Category
Financial Soundness for Horticulture Category
Common Eligibility Criteria Conditions CPWD Contractor Registration
- The status of an applicant for enlistment as a contractor in CPWD may be one of the following.
- An individual, who is a citizen of India.
- Sole proprietorship
- Partnership firm
- Limited liability partnership
- Private limited company
- Public limited company
- No engineer or any other official employed in engineering or administrative duties in any engineering department of the Government of India/State Government /Central and State PSUs is allowed to work in CPWD either as a contractor or as an employee of a contractor for a period of one year after his retirement from service unless he has obtained the prior permission of his employer Government to do so.
A contractor is permitted to have enlistment in more than one category but not in more than one class in the same category.
Unemployed graduates in any stream of engineering/architecture from a recognized Institution or University can directly apply as individuals for enlistment in Class V Buildings & Roads category. The work experience criterion and financial soundness shall not be applicable for them if they are seeking enlistment for the first time.
Unemployed persons having a degree in BSc (Agriculture) or BSc(Horticulture) from a recognized Institution or University can directly apply as individuals for enlistment in the Class IV Horticulture category. The work experience criterion and financial soundness shall not be applicable for them if they are seeking enlistment for the first time.
Important Points For Financial Soundness for CPWD Contractor Registration
- For Class, I(AAA), Class I(AA), Class I(A), Class I, and Class II
Irrespective of the category, the Banker’s Certificate or Net worth Certificate and average Annual Turnover Certificate on works during the last three financial years from a Chartered Accountant are required.
- For Class III, IV, and V
Irrespective of the category, a Banker’s Certificate Net worth Certificate, or Average Annual Turnover Certificate on works during the last three financial years from a Chartered Accountant is required.
- Banker’s Certificate
The banker’s certificate shall be issued by a Scheduled Bank on its letterhead addressed to the enlisting authority in the format prescribed in Annexure V-1, and shall be uploaded after scanning from the original.
Also read: Documents required for Bank Solvency Certificate
- Engineering establishment, tools, plants, and machinery
The applicant shall submit an undertaking in the application form (Annexure-I) to hire or otherwise procure the required engineering establishment, tools, plants, and machinery, if not already available with him.
- Electrical license
If the applicant does not possess an electrical license in his own name, he shall submit an undertaking in the application form to associate an agency having a valid electrical license of appropriate voltage in its name issued by the State Government concerned under Section 45 of the Indian Electricity Rules, 1956 as amended from time to time, for the execution of work which requires such a license.
- GST Number
All the contractors must possess valid GST registration on the date of application for enlistment.
Enlistment Fees For Both Categories of CPWD Contractor Registration
Apply for different Licenses
Key Govt. Department Websites
- State-Wise Irrigation & Water Resource Department Online Links | Apply Online Tender
- State-Wise Road Development Authorities E-portals | Apply for Tenders & Licence
- Labour license application form Online | State-wise E-Portal Links
- Electrical License Application | State-wise CEIG office links
- State-Wise BOCW (Building and Other Construction Workers) Welfare Board E-Portals
- State-Wise Jal Board Department Online Links | Apply Tenders Online
- State-Wise PHED Department Online Links | Apply Tenders Online
Try Onsite, #1 Tool For Site Tracking