CPWD stands for Central Public Works Department, CPWD was established in 1854. For CPWD Contractor Registration, CPWD issues 9 types of licenses in the Buildings & Roads category and 4 types of licenses in the Horticulture category.
Types of CPWD Licenses
Types of Licenses issued by CPWD in Buildings & Roads Categories –
- Class V: Tendering limit – 0.40cr
- Class IV: Tendering limit – 1.30cr
- Class III: Tendering limit – 4cr
- Class II: Tendering limit – 15cr
- Class I: Tendering limit – 50cr
- Class 1(A): Tendering limit – 75cr
- Class 1(AA): Tendering limit – 130cr
- Class 1(AAA): Tendering limit – 260cr
- Class 1(Super): Tendering limit – 650cr and above
Types of Licenses issued by CPWD in Horticulture Category –
- Class IV: Tendering limit – 0.20cr
- Class III: Tendering limit – 0.40cr
- Class II: Tendering limit – 0.80cr
- Class I: Tendering limit – 2.30cr
Eligibility and Conditions of Enlistment
1. The status of an applicant for enlistment as a contractor in CPWD may be one of the following.
- An individual, who is a citizen of India.
- Sole proprietorship
- Partnership firm
- Limited liability partnership
- Private limited company
- Public limited company
2. No engineer or any other official employed in engineering or administrative duties in any engineering department of the Government of India/State Government /Central and State PSUs is allowed to work in CPWD either as a contractor or as an employee of a contractor for a period of one year after his retirement from service unless he has obtained the prior permission of his employer Government to do so.
3. A contractor is permitted to have enlistment in more than one category but not in more than one class in the same category. ‘
4. A contractor is not permitted to have enlistment in more than one name in a category.
5. Unemployed graduates in any stream of engineering/architecture from a recognized Institution or University can directly apply as individuals for enlistment in Class V Buildings & Roads category. The work experience criterion and financial soundness shall not be applicable for them if they are seeking enlistment for the first time.
6. Unemployed persons having a degree in BSc (Agriculture) or BSc(Horticulture) from a recognized Institution or University can directly apply as individuals for enlistment in the Class IV Horticulture category. The work experience criterion and financial soundness shall not be applicable for them if they are seeking enlistment for the first time.
Learn more about CPWD in this video –
Work Experience For CPWD Contractor Registration
The magnitude of Experience for Buildings and Roads Category-
The magnitude of Experience in Horticulture Category-
Financial Soundness For CPWD Contractor Registration
Financial Soundness for Buildings & Roads Category
Financial Soundness for Horticulture Category-
Important Points Regarding “Financial Soundness”
- For Class I(AAA), Class I(AA), Class I(A), Class I, and Class II, irrespective of category, Banker’s Certificate or Net worth Certificate and average Annual Turnover Certificate on works during the last three financial years from a Chartered Accountant are required.
- For Class III, IV, and V, irrespective of category, Banker’s Certificate or Net worth Certificate, or Average Annual Turnover Certificate on works during the last three financial years from a Chartered Accountant are required.
- Banker’s Certificate shall be issued by a Scheduled Bank on its letterhead addressed to the enlisting authority in the format prescribed in Annexure V-1, and shall be uploaded after scanning from the original.
- Engineering establishment, tools, plants, and machinery – The applicant shall submit an undertaking in the application form (Annexure-I) to hire or otherwise procure the required engineering establishment, tools, plants, and machinery, if not already available with him.
- Electrical license– If the applicant does not possess an electrical license in his own name, he shall submit an undertaking in the application form to associate an agency having a valid electrical license of appropriate voltage in its name issued by the State Government concerned under Section 45 of the Indian Electricity Rules, 1956 as amended from time to time, for the execution of work which requires such a license.
- All the contractors are required to possess valid GST registration on the date of application for enlistment.
Enlistment Fees for Each Category
Important Point – If you want to check all the documents and eligibility criteria in-depth then you can check it here, at the enlistment rules issued by the official website CPWD
Related Articles for you:
- Types of Electrical License & its Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required for Class D Contractor License | How to apply
People also search for: cpwd contractor registration, cpwd registration, cpwd contractor registration eligibility, cpwd license, cpwd contractor login, cpwdcontractor, cpwd online registration, cpwd registration online, cpwd contractor registration fees, cpwd licence