Monday to Friday: 7AM - 7PM
Weekend: 10AM - 5PM
The Bill of quantity (BOQ) is a standard format prepared by the company to get the rates in a specific form. A BOQ in tender provides data on the number of materials, labor, and costs in the construction project. Nowadays most of the tenders are filled online due to an increase in the digitization effect and covid 19, and their BOQs are also filled online through MS-Excel.
What Does a BOQ Contains & Its Importance
BOQs usually contain the description of work, the quantity of work, materials used, labor deployed, etc. All this information helps the contractors to quote the rates for their respective tenders.
BOQs are used in construction projects because it helps the contractors in preparing estimates and quotations. Estimates and Quotations are two important things in a tender process, a contractor should always know the importance of estimates in tenders. On the other hand from the company’s perspective of who has floated the tender, BOQs help them in the assessment and comparison of price quotations of various contractors and also helps in selecting the best out of all.
Objectives of BOQ In Tenders
- To provide suﬃcient and precise information on the work to be performed, to enable bids to be prepared accurately.
- Another objective of BOQs in tenders is that it helps in providing a detailed idea regarding the work and its rates, and also the final amount.
Types Of BOQs In Tender
BOQs can be prepared in multiple formats such as pdf, word, or excel but nowadays the eProcurement portal of e-tenders only accepts BOQs in .xls format which is prepared in MS-Excel. Any Other format will not be accepted.
These are the six types of BOQ templates that are used/ modified to prepare BOQ for almost every type of requirement, be it for Construction or BOQ for manpower supply or BOQ for any type of goods purchase or service rendering.
- Item Wise BOQ
- Item Rate BOQ
- Percentage BOQ
- Item Wise Open For H1
- Multi-Currency BOQ
- Form-Based BOQ
You can download the sample templates of all the above-mentioned BOQs from these links, These samples are downloaded from the official website of e-procurement
Things To Remember while Filling BOQ In Government Tenders
- While preparing BOQs, it is very important to provide each and every detail of all the work which is to be performed on the project. Add each and every work and try to include all the details.
- In BOQ, while describing the work, you should always use very simple language for better understandability.
- Describe the quantity takeoff very clearly once the work is described, the quantity of work is worked out and taken oﬀ. It gives a detailed idea of the amount of work to be performed.
- While describing the rates in BOQ always consider the factors like market survey, current rates, schedule of rates (SOR), etc.
- Calculations are the most important part of a BOQ, try to avoid calculation errors in the quantity of work and rates of items of work.
- Never make inaccurate assumptions about various items of work.
- Always make measurements very carefully to avoid incorrect measurements of quantities of work.
- Avoid Double counting items of work and never forget a specific item of work, which is actually to be counted.
BOQs are a very important part of construction projects it helps in managing the construction project with ease, providing the required data necessary for various aspects of project management. In short, BOQs provide a clear picture of the work to be performed. It helps in future estimation and cost planning, as a reference for the next project.
Learn more about BOQ with this video
Try Onsite, #1 Tool For Site Tracking
People also search for: boq in tender, boq full form in tender, what is boq in tender, boq full form, boq, full form of boq in tender, how to prepare boq for tender, boq construction, boq tender, boq bid full form, how to download boq in tender, boq rates, boq meaning in tender, boq construction project, how to prepare a boq, boq estimation, tender boq, what is boq in procurement, boq in procurement, boq sample excel, how to fill boq in tender, how to prepare boq in civil engineering, construction boq sample