Monday to Friday: 7AM - 7PM
Weekend: 10AM - 5PM
How To Fill BOQ In Tenders Smartly & Win Bids
The Bill of quantity (BOQ) is a standard format the company prepares to get the rates in a specific form. A BOQ in tender provides data on the number of materials, labor, and costs in the construction project. Nowadays, most tenders are filled online due to an increase in the digitization effect and covid 19, and their BOQs are also filled online through MS Excel.
What Does a BOQ Contain & Its Importance
BOQs usually contain the work description, quantity, materials used, labor deployed, etc. All this information helps the contractors to quote the rates for their respective tenders. BOQs are used in construction projects because it helps the contractors in preparing estimates and quotations. Estimates and Quotations are two essential things in a tender process.
A contractor should always know the importance of estimates in tenders. On the other hand, from the company’s perspective of who has floated the tender, BOQs help them in the assessment and comparison of price quotations of various contractors and also help in selecting the best out of all.
Objectives of BOQ In Tenders
- To provide suﬃcient and precise information on the work to be performed, to enable bids to be prepared accurately.
- Another objective of BOQs in tenders is that it helps provide a clear idea regarding the work, its rates, and the final amount.
Types Of BOQs In Tender
BOQs can be prepared in multiple formats such as pdf, word, or excel, but nowadays, the eProcurement portal of e-tenders only accepts BOQs in .xls format, prepared in MS Excel. Any Other format will not be accepted. These six types of BOQ templates are used/ modified to prepare BOQ for almost every requirement, be it for Construction or BOQ for workforce supply, or BOQ for any goods purchase or service rendering.
- Item Wise BOQ
- Item Rate BOQ
- Percentage BOQ
- Item Wise Open For H1
- Multi-Currency BOQ
- Form-Based BOQ
You can download the sample templates of all the above-mentioned BOQs from these links, These samples are downloaded from the official website of e-procurement
Things To Remember While Filling BOQ
- While preparing BOQs, it is essential to provide every detail of all the work to be performed on the project. Add every work and try to include all the details.
- In BOQ, you should always use straightforward language while describing the work for better understandability.
- Describe the quantity takeoff very clearly. Once the work is described, the quantity is determined and taken oﬀ. It gives a clear idea of the amount of work to be performed.
- While describing the rates in BOQ, always consider the factors like market survey, current rates, schedule of rates (SOR), etc.
- Calculations are an essential part of a BOQ; try to avoid calculation errors in the quantity of work and rates of items of work.
- Make accurate assumptions about various items of work.
- Always make measurements very carefully to avoid errors in measurements of quantities of work.
- Avoid Double counting work items, and always remember a specific item of work to be counted.
BOQs are an essential part of construction projects. It helps efficiently manage the construction project, providing the required data necessary for various aspects of project management. In short, BOQs provide a clear picture of the work. It helps in future estimation and cost planning as a reference for the next project.
Learn more about BOQ with this video
Try Onsite, #1 Tool For Site Tracking
People also search for: boq in tender, boq full form in tender, what is boq in tender, boq full form, boq, full form of boq in tender, how to prepare boq for tender, boq construction, boq tender, boq bid full form, how to download boq in tender, boq rates, boq meaning in tender, boq construction project, how to prepare a boq, boq estimation, tender boq, what is boq in procurement, boq in procurement, boq sample excel, how to fill boq in tender, how to prepare boq in civil engineering, construction boq sample