What Are BOQ In Tender?
The Bill of quantity (BOQ) is a standard format prepared by the company to get the rates in a specific form. A BOQ in tender provides data on the number of materials, labor, and costs in the construction project. Nowadays most of the tenders are filled online due to an increase in the digitization effect and covid 19, and their BOQs are also filled online through MS-Excel.
What Does a BOQ Contains & Its Importance
BOQs usually contain the description of work, the quantity of work, materials used, labor deployed, etc. All this information helps the contractors to quote the rates for their respective tenders.
BOQs are used in construction projects because it helps the contractors in preparing estimates and quotations. Estimates and Quotations are two important things in a tender process, a contractor should always know the importance of estimates in tenders. On the other hand from the company’s perspective of who has floated the tender, BOQs help them in the assessment and comparison of price quotations of various contractors and also helps in selecting the best out of all.
Types Of BOQs In Tender
BOQs can be prepared in multiple formats such as pdf, word, or excel but nowadays the eProcurement portal of e-tenders only accepts BOQs in .xls format which is prepared in MS-Excel. Any Other format will not be accepted.
These are the six types of BOQ templates that are used/ modified to prepare BOQ for almost every type of requirement, be it for Construction or BOQ for manpower supply or BOQ for any type of goods purchase or service rendering.
1) Item Wise BOQ
2) Item Rate BOQ
3) Percentage BOQ
4) Item Wise Open For H1
5) Multi-Currency BOQ
6) Form-Based BOQ
You can download the sample templates of all the above-mentioned BOQs from these links, These samples are downloaded from the official website of e-procurement-
Objectives of BOQ In Tenders
1) To provide suﬃcient and precise information on the work to be performed, to enable bids to be prepared accurately.
2) Another Objective of BOQs in tenders is that it helps in providing a detailed idea regarding the work and its rates, and also the final amount.
Things To Remember While Filling BOQ In Tender
1) While preparing BOQs, it is very important to provide each and every detail of all the work which is to be performed on the project. Add each and every work and try to include all the details.
2) In BOQ, while describing the work, you should always use very simple language for better understandability.
3) Describe the quantity take off very clearly once the work is described, the quantity of work is worked out and taken oﬀ. It gives a detailed idea of the amount of work to be performed.
4) While describing the rates in BOQ always consider the factors like market survey, current rates, schedule of rates (SOR), etc.
1) Calculations are the most important part of a BOQ, try to avoid calculation errors in the quantity of work and rates of items of work.
2) Never make inaccurate assumptions about various items of work.
3) Always make measurements very carefully to avoid incorrect measurement of quantities of work.
4) Avoid Double counting items of work and never forget a specific item of work, which is actually to be counted.
BOQs are a very important part of construction projects it helps in managing the construction project with ease, providing the required data necessary for various aspects of project management.
In short, BOQs provide a clear picture of the work to be performed. It helps in future estimation and cost planning, as a reference for the next project.
Suggested Quick Guides For You –
- Latest Construction Tenders for Arunachal Pradesh | e-Procurement Tenders
- Latest Construction Tenders for Andhra Pradesh | e-Procurement Tenders
- Latest Construction Tenders for Chandigarh | e-Procurement Tenders
- Latest Construction Tenders for Delhi | e-Procurement Tenders
- Latest Construction Tenders for West Bengal | e-Procurement Tenders